SkillSmart was selected by the new design-build consortium for Maryland’s Purple Line project. This project will require thousands of workers across 100+ subcontractors and their tiers. As part of the project, all companies must comply and demonstrate compliance with the established wage rates for each trade and County. The Purple Line will use SkillSmart’s InSight technology to engage all of the subcontractors and their tiered subs, tracking all required reporting data and enabling real-time reporting.
SkillSmart was enlisted at the start of the Purple Line project in 2019, so the project team could take advantage of the software’s powerful features. These features, outlined below, are the same elements that will be used to track the construction data for this project.
Submit and track monthly payroll. Contractors and tiered subcontractors use SkillSmart InSight to enter and gather the data they need to ensure project requirements are met.
- Enter weekly payroll hours
- Track monthly man hours
- Track workplace incidents
- Upload signed payroll forms and daily reports
- Track employees (including demographics, nationally targeted worker status, and social/economic disadvantaged status)
- Generate monthly utilization and EEO reports
Centralized reporting. The team will be able to have this data at their fingertips in one, simplified dashboard.
- Manage subcontractor accounts and permissions
- Call up submitted payroll forms
- Generate and track monthly utilization and EEO reports
- Streamline compliance reporting
This 16-mile, $9.3B, light rail project is estimated to be completed in 2026. To read more about the Purple Line project, click here: https://www.purplelinemd.com/about-the-project/overview